Sunday, March 17, 2013

Racist Greek soccer player banned for life (until this blows over)

Start believing it! How man times do we respond to things like this by saying, "I don't believe it." This Greek soccer player gave the Nazi salute after scoring a goal in a Sunday match. the Greek Soccer Federation did the right thing and banned him for life. Incredibly, his punk ass tried to excuse his actions by saying, he hates fascism. Send your hate mail to Giorgos Katidis.



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/17/giorgos-katidis-banned-life-nazi-salute_n_2895619.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

Last year Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou, was expelled from the Olympics by the Greek Olympic committee from Tweeting, "With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!

Voula, also apologized in a letter: I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account. I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights.

At least she didn't try to make an excuse. I want to cut Voula some slack, but I can't tell if my desire stems only from a dilution of my outrage over hearing about so many of these racist messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment