Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I like Dwight, but Lee's lip shot O.K.

I'm a Dwight Howard fan, but I've had to take my lumps standing up for him. Last year, Stan Van Gundy claimed a high ranking member of the Orlando Magic told him Howard wanted SVG gone or Howard wanted to be traded. Earlier, Howard had denied rumors claiming the same. It only became true, when SVG said he hear it from a front office person. The media said Howard was "outed." (As a liar) According to the media, since SVG said it was true, it was true. Classic case of a white man's story having absolute credibility. Could SVG made up the story? Could the front office person lied to SVG? Absolutely, but the media bought SVG's side and buried Howard. Just a month ago, another BS story about Howard. This time, the media suggested tweets between him and Phil Jackson were part of a plot to rid the Lakers of current head coach, Mike D'antoni. Yet another attempt to make the black guy the bad guy. But last night...




Dwight, you know u mah boy, but last night you got popped in the mouth on a clean play. So just get the lip sewn up, and school David Lee the next time y'all play. Here is what Howard said about what happened.


"He got away with a shot," Howard said. "I will remember this game. I will remember that shot. He said he wasn't trying to do it. You can look at the play and see it for yourself. I will take care of it later." (Yahoo sports) A, not so veiled threat? C'mon man!

Watch what happened here.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21953398/lakers-dwight-howard-cant-wait-to-go-against-david-lee-again

Here's what David Lee said "I was just trying to go up and finish against a shot block." You have to go to the basket hard in high school, so in the NBA, with a playoff spot on the line, well...C'mon man!

1 comment:

  1. Howard:“He got away with a shot. I will remember this game. I will remember that shot. He said he wasn't trying to do it. You can look at the play and see it for yourself. I will take care of it later.”
    Lee:"Like I said, not an intentional play so, I can't really worry too much about it. I'm out there trying to make contact with a shot blocker so I don't get my shot thrown into the fifth row, and an elbow got out of control a little bit there and it wasn't intentional."

    ReplyDelete